Wednesday 18 October 2017

Baby reveal and a find

New kind of baby reveal - to me at least!
My friend since jr high, Nina, is going to be a grandmother again, this time to twins. Her daughter and son-in-law are expecting them in March, so probably in February!

*Before*


*During*

 *After* 2 girls!!!


So much for the Gmen helping out for boys! 😉

And poor little R, he wasn't happy at all that he was getting two girl cousins, he wanted boys too!

As goofy as this shirt is, I must have saved it to pass on to Beth!



And in stitchy news...
Hey Jo, look what I found!
This past weekend, Nathan and I went to visit my parents and stopped by the antique mall on the way there. I had this magazine years ago and gave it away because there wasn't anything I wanted to stitch in it - or so I thought. Although I'm not ready to start this yet, I'm hoping for early next year.


And these were only 25 cents each, I couldn't resist.

Some scenes on our way home that evening.

I pulled over to take these, perfect timing for the sunset. 



Once again, I'm behind on replying to blog comments and reading blogs. I'll see what I can do about that tomorrow.

7 comments:

Brigitte said...

Such a great cake. What a lovely idea.
You were very successful at the antique mall. I would have bought the magazine as well, this chart is just awesome. And of course you could go past these adorable Prairie Schoolers, lol. I would have bought them as well, particularly at that price.

Julie said...

Congrats to your friends on the happy news...a great dessert and what fun they must have had with that.
Cute T shirt and vintage too!
Love the PS santas, they are always so popular.
Enjoy stitching the little bees, I enjoyed watching Jo's grow and will look forward to seeing your updates
xx

Maggee said...

Very cool cake and t-shirt tradition... Having twins in the family is exciting! You did well thrifting! I don't do Santas, and even I would have bought those to give to a different stitcher!! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Barb said...

What a cute way to tell the sex of the babies!! What a wonderful shirt! Great deals on the cross stitch goodies!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fantastic t-shirt and a great way to stop all the wondering about whether it is twins in there. I got it a lot with my lovely 10lb boy, even the twin mum on the labour ward thought I was joining her! My son did weigh more than both her's put together!

Maybe I'm missing something, but the right hand cookie looks blue to me?

Katie said...

What a cute reveal idea. Great finds. Love your sunset photos. I'm trying to catch up with blog reading too. So easy to get behind.

Bethan said...

What a fun reveal, and I love the twins jumper! Lovely sunset photos x