Thursday 5 October 2017

TH Thursday

THinking, THinking, THinking...

THinking THoughts, and being THankful on THursdays.


Today I am thankful that Karen was able to come over and visit, especially since she was HIT BY A CAR on Sunday evening! She was leaving work (she's a nurse at Shock Trauma in Baltimore) and in the cross walk when she was hit by a car turning left and said he never saw her. So even though he ran over her feet and knocked her down, it could have been so much worse. There were nurses behind her who saw it all and came running to help her. Her left foot ended up being broken, she's bruised and sore all over, and probably has a concussion.
I'm thankful she's okay and on the mend!


7 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh my. Thank goodness she is on the mend. I am sure she is in such pain though. :(

Tiffstitch said...

Oh no! I hope she recovers quickly. It's so hard to be a nurse with a broken foot though. I'm thankful I have more energy after a med change.

Terri said...

Wow! I'm glad she's going to be okay!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh my goodness, she was in the right place to be treated at least! I hope she is OK.

Barb said...

I'm glad your friend is safe!

Katie said...

Wow. I'm so glad she was okay. Definitely could have been a lot worse.

Julie said...

Your poor friend, feel better wishes being sent to her.